For our client in Brussels we are looking for a Senior System Engineer is in charge of installation, maintenance, troubleshooting and design of a hybrid IT environment using both Microsoft virtualization technology and Azure.
- To install, maintain, troubleshoot and design of a hybrid IT environment using both Microsoft virtualization technology and Azure; and including the networking aspects.
- working within the team consisting of fellow system engineers reporting to the HPI
- To design the infrastructure parts of solutions together with architects and developers; critical thinking and outside-the-box proposals are more than welcome.
- To lead in planning and implementing changes to infrastructure with the goal of enhancing performance and security.
- To perform and manage IT operations, migrations and disaster recovery operations.
- To plan and perform software and operating system upgrades and track system/software licensing.
- To provide 2nd – 3rd level support (help desk) by troubleshooting problems related to network or platform performance, when needed.
- To document process and troubleshooting material related to systems/networks software and hardware.
- Provide technical guidance and assistance to other IT Engineers and IT support teams.
- Perform capacity planning, performance monitoring and tuning, backup/recovery, problem isolation, root cause analysis and resolution, including creation of the preventative measures.
- Support and contribute to the ISO certification for the related processes.
- Minimum 10 years hands-on experience as a system engineer
- Bachelor in a related IT field or equivalent through experience
- Certifications are a plus but certainly not a necessity
- English is the primary language, other languages are a benefit but not a necessity
- Proven experience with Microsoft virtualization, Office 365, Azure, Intune and core components like AD, DHCP, DNS and File & Print
- Proven experience with both server-side and client-side Microsoft operating systems
- Proven experience in Networking (LAN, WAN, WLAN, switching, routing, firewall, load balancer, …)
- Advantage to have experience with Linux based systems
- Advantage to have experience with Atlassian products like Confluence, JIRA and Bitbucket
- Advantage to have experience with docker and kubernetes
- Advantage to have networking experience with managed switches, routers, firewalls and load balancers
- Advantage to have experience with VMware virtualization
- Advantage to have experience with storage systems
- Advantage to have experience with security
- No fear of documentation; creating, updating and maintaining.
- Working knowledge of ITIL
- Basic knowledge of project management
Our client is offering...
- An interesting job opportunity with plenty of variety in a high level, international, multicultural & multilingual environment and the ability to influence the future of the sector.
- Salary package in line with responsibilities and market expectations.
- Easy access office location in Brussels.